How Valet Parking can better serve Electric Vehicles
As electric vehicles (EVs) become more popular, valet parking companies must adapt to accommodate their customers' needs. EVs require charging infrastructure and different knowledge than traditional vehicles, and valet parking companies that can provide a seamless and convenient charging experience will stand out from the competition. Here are some tips on how valet parking companies can prepare for an increase in EV customers and create a VIP experience that will keep them coming back.
Understand EV charging basics
1. It's important for valet parking attendants to have a basic understanding of EV charging, including the types of charging, how to connect and disconnect the charging cable, and how to troubleshoot basic issues that are completely different than those in internal combustion engine vehicles. This will ensure that EV customers receive a smooth and efficient charging experience, and will also prevent damage to the charging equipment.
Install EV charging infrastructure
2. Valet parking companies should consider installing EV charging stations in their parking lots or garages to accommodate EV customers. This will provide a convenient and reliable charging option for customers, and can also be a unique selling point for the valet parking company. One important step is to use customized signs for electric vehicle parking, valet parking, and charging station areas. These signs not only help to clearly designate the appropriate parking areas for electric vehicles, but also add a level of professionalism to the service. In addition, custom signs can feature the valet parking company's logo and branding, further enhancing the VIP experience for customers as well as increase brand awareness and trust.
Offer charging services as a VIP add-on
3. To create a VIP experience for EV customers, valet parking companies can offer charging services as a premium add-on. This could include valet parking attendants connecting and disconnecting the charging cable, monitoring the charging progress, and even moving the vehicle to a different charging station if necessary. When the vehicle is fully charged, it could be parked in front of the venue to allow the customer to quickly exit the premises with a fully charged battery. What can be more convenient than this? Providing this service will likely be an experience that a customer rave about.
Provide charging status updates
4. EV customers may be anxious about their charging status, especially if they are on a tight schedule. Valet parking companies can provide regular updates on the charging progress via text message or a mobile app, giving customers peace of mind and allowing them to plan their time accordingly. Providing these updates can make the difference between a convenience and a tailored VIP service.
Make charging part of the valet parking experience
5. In addition to offering charging services, valet parking companies can make charging part of the overall VIP experience. This could include providing a dedicated EV parking area, offering free charging as a perk for VIP customers, or even hosting EV-related events or promotions. Having custom valet parking signs that provide customers with all the information and instructions for new services offered will increase awareness and adoption of the new service.
By preparing for an increase in EV customers and creating a VIP experience around charging, valet parking companies can set themselves apart from the competition and attract and retain a loyal customer base. As the EV market continues to grow, this is a key opportunity for valet parking companies to differentiate themselves and stay ahead of the curve.
We offer the highest quality valet parking equipment and the industry’s most reasonable pricing. Not sure what you need? Call us at 800-993-5033